5 Rejuvenating Tips from Post-Holiday Blues
The gifts have been wrapped, unwrapped and admired.The meals have been prepared and enjoyed.The family has visited, songs have been sung, hugs have been given and now the holidays are officially over. Some people also go through seasonal depression which can be difficult to get through the coming weeks.
The holidays can be a stressful, busy time for many of us, so once they’re over, it makes sense to take a little “me time” and focus on self-care. Here are some quick tips that could help you get back on track.
1. Get plenty of sleep. Sleep plays a vital role in good health and well-being throughout your life. Getting enough quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety.
2. Spoil yourself. After the holidays is the perfect time to get a massage, manicure, pedicure or a facial — or, all of the above, since you deserve it!
3. Take a day trip. Find a park or a walking trail and enjoy the great outdoors. Get some fresh air, some vitamin D and stretch your legs. If weather conditions don't permit that, head to a library or museum. A change of scenery can help provide a fresh perspective and take you away from your day-to-day routine.
4. Cook. Prepare a healthy meal for yourself that you know you'll enjoy while listening to a podcast/audio book.
5. Exercise. After all that eggnog and cakes, it can be an arduous,but wonderful time to hit the gym and fire all those endorphins. With everyone sneezing around, working out is not a bad idea to make sure your immune system is on check.
Ready to relax? Share your favorite wellness practices and tips with us using @ishanibotanicals on Instagram Stories!